Silence Is Not Golden

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
player4322

Silence Is Not Golden

Post by player4322 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:20 am

On the Rookie Tour of the Bootcamp I cannot hear any sound during the videos or the practice sessions,

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Silence Is Not Golden

Post by davidsides » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:10 am

Are you using a Mac?

smcfarland

Post by smcfarland » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:29 pm

i am having the same issue with Windowa 10. No sound on video but i do hear other sounds.

thanks,
Shawn

tjmckiernan

Post by tjmckiernan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:15 pm

I'm having the same problem. I'm running Playgound Sessions 2.4.314 on Windows 10 64-bit with all the latest Windows patches installed. The lessons which are just music (i.e. play along on the keyboard) work fine but the video tutorials (where there is a split screen with the video on top) do not. The video plays but there is no sound, so it's useless.

One clue is that the sound for the music lessons only works in "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)". I get no sound -- for videos and for music -- on any other audio mode.

So, what I suspect is happening is that in the Playground Sessions application, the music lesson and video are actually two separate processes. The music lesson (perhaps the main app?) takes exclusive control of the audio, and so the video lesson is silenced.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Also, has anyone had success on Windows 10 using non-exclusive mode for audio? Even without this video issue, the exclusive mode for audio is annoying since it blocks all other audio from other programs so I miss other things like audio alerts from other programs, such as when an email arrives. I generally find that after I close Playground Sessoins, I have to close and then re-open other programs that use audio; otherwise they remain silent.

Thanks