Hotkeys

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Phil_Surtees

Hotkeys

Post by Phil_Surtees » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:07 am

Are there any hotkeys to start a song or lesson playing? I haven't found any in my search.
Reason I want them is twofold:
1. For me it's quicker to hit a key combo rather than grab the mouse , move the cursor and click. Yes, I am lazy. I know about hitting a C or D but they don't start the exercise from scratch.
2. I have a USB pedal set that I can program to hit any key or key combo, so I can set it up to start, stop, or restart an exercise with a tap of the foot, if those hotkeys exist. This is VERY convenient when doing the exercises or turning pages on a pdf song sheet.
I bet they could sell a usb pedal if they implemented this and make a few extra bucks. Mine are chinese made plastic and didn't cost too much, but some you will find are kinda pricy.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Hotkeys

Post by davidsides » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:00 am

We don't currently have a hot key to start a lesson, but we'll be adding one soon. Any suggestions on which key(s) should begin a new lesson?

Phil_Surtees

Post by Phil_Surtees » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:07 am

Any would work for me, if I can do them one-handed, stuff like Alt-b or Alt-s, etc. That way I can do them with one hand or assign a macro to my foot pedals. Thanks.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:08 am

Gotcha. We're going to look into a way for people to start lessons without taking their hands off of their keyboard.

Richard B

Post by Richard B » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:53 pm

I have found that if you click on play and then stop it, you can then use the Spacebar to start/stop the lesson. Maybe someone else can confirm this behaviour.

May I suggest the Spacebar anyway?

My reasoning would be that it's already the start/stop button for most (if not all) DAW's - therefore if people want to take their music further and record their own material, they will already have a good ingrained habit even before buying the DAW software.

Foot pedal would also be a good idea perhaps. Maybe on a toggle? ie.- the user can choose which is more conveniant... keyboard key or foot pedal... from the User Settings.

Just a thought.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Wed May 04, 2016 11:16 am

We'll be giving start and stop control to the space bar very soon.