Change request:scrolling

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Phil_Surtees

Change request:scrolling

Post by Phil_Surtees » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:25 am

I would like the music scrolling to be changed from the current (top measure is active measure and it jumps vertically) to a scheme in which the active measure always stays centered in the screen and the music scrolls smoothly without jumps.
I think this would make it better for all, but especially for anyone like me. I have Meniere's Disease, an inner ear disorder which is a form of vertigo.
Let me describe what happens to me: I am trying to read ahead (as we are told to in a early lesson), I get to the end of the measure and shift to the left and down. At that point the measures jerks upward and my eyeball twitches up to follow it, causing a slight feeling of vertigo. This gets worse as it goes on. It has not been much of a problem until I got to the lesson with New World Symphony, which scrolls a lot. It took me days to get a 100% on the right hand due to the need for frequent breaks. I also medicate but I try to keep that to a minimum. Very frustrating.
If smooth scrolling can't be done, even a page-turning display would be better for me, and I suspect it would be good training for reading sheet music later.
Thanks.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Change request:scrolling

Post by davidsides » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:51 am

Thanks for pointing this out to us. I'm sorry that you're dealing with this. I've forwarded your request to the team. I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement a continuous scroll or even a page turn environment, but we'll look into it.