Import your own songs

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
Frank

Import your own songs

Post by Frank » Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 am

Please lets us import our own songs,

Import XML File

So we can written Songs with
- words
- fingerings
- chord

and Playground Sessions Import all this.

Many thanks

nedrahej

Re: Import your own songs

Post by nedrahej » Sat May 30, 2015 10:50 pm

at least have available all the classical, romantic era, etc

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Sun May 31, 2015 10:10 am

We're working on that setting for you guys now. Keep an eye out for it over the next few months.

drummerJ99

Post by drummerJ99 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:11 am

davidsides wrote:We're working on that setting for you guys now. Keep an eye out for it over the next few months.
Any update on this? Or is this possible and I'm missing it?

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:51 am

Hi,

No updates as of yet.

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:38 am

Anyone know of software that's out there currently that will do this? I've found that I can greatly improve my piano playing with the help of playgroundsessions software, learning a song in about a week. But I really struggle with songs from paper music. I'd gladly pay for software to add to my music practicing. So far I can only find software that records music notation...the opposite of what I need. It looks like playgroundsessions has other priorities (which is understandable) since almost 13 months have passed without any updates.

drummerJ99

Post by drummerJ99 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Russ1409 wrote:Anyone know of software that's out there currently that will do this? I've found that I can greatly improve my piano playing with the help of playgroundsessions software, learning a song in about a week. But I really struggle with songs from paper music. I'd gladly pay for software to add to my music practicing. So far I can only find software that records music notation...the opposite of what I need. It looks like playgroundsessions has other priorities (which is understandable) since almost 13 months have passed without any updates.
Synthesia can do it if you have a midi file. Also depending on where you buy the sheet music from, some sites have that built in. I believe you can do that with MusicNotes.com.

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:36 pm

Sure, and it really helps for me to play the song on the musicnotes.com player to listen to what I'm trying to play. What I'm looking for is software that then allows me to connect to my keyboard and play along, just like Playgroundsessions. The only thing I've seen is software that will play along with a midi file, but I'm looking for a way to enter songs via notation and then play along, with the software recognizing correct notes or incorrect ones. You know, like Playground does but for my own songs ;)

I'll look at Synthesia but what I understood from looking at it before is it follows a previously recorded midi file? So that doesn't help me, because, you know, I can't play the song....I stink :)

drummerJ99

Post by drummerJ99 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:14 pm

Russ1409 wrote:Sure, and it really helps for me to play the song on the musicnotes.com player to listen to what I'm trying to play. What I'm looking for is software that then allows me to connect to my keyboard and play along, just like Playgroundsessions. The only thing I've seen is software that will play along with a midi file, but I'm looking for a way to enter songs via notation and then play along, with the software recognizing correct notes or incorrect ones. You know, like Playground does but for my own songs ;)

I'll look at Synthesia but what I understood from looking at it before is it follows a previously recorded midi file? So that doesn't help me, because, you know, I can't play the song....I stink :)
I follow now. LOL Sorry misunderstood first time.

AS for Synthesia, that is correct but they do have a music store that you can download some midi's from. Also you can find midi's on other websites. Some work much better then others. Sythensia's own midi files are nice as they actually have fingerings labeled.

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:05 am

Thank you, I'll have to look at it a little more closely. I glanced at it awhile back, but didn't study all the features.