beats per minute sugestion

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
hinobusman

beats per minute sugestion

Post by hinobusman » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:23 pm

first of all I must congratulate you on a wonderfull program,I`m fullfilling a dream thanks to it.
But...one aspect I find annoying, is having to readjust the BPM regularly..I thought if a feature where the program after recognising the
learner has set (changed) the notes to green when in replay(recycle) mode the program would automatically recognise that and step up the BPM
one beat or a user designated factor and the subtle change would hardly be noticed . the program would continue upping the BPM till the first red
(miss) note and hold it there till all green..It gets teadeous stopping and resetting the rate and somewhat distracting..your thoughts would be
greatly appreciated
thankyou
Noel Ericksen N.Z

draco2023a

Re: beats per minute sugestion

Post by draco2023a » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:25 pm

The problem is that it would take a fairly sophisticated A.I. to accomplish.

Another issue is that it is not a very good way to practice music because you want to practice on a regular beat (unless a piece calls for a change in tempo) No one's timing is %100 accurate so every time a mistake is made and a note is hit to quickly, the tempo would increase....unless the software could differentiate mistakes (and that's where the sophisticated A.I. comes in)

thomas1018
Site Admin

Post by thomas1018 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:40 am

draco2023a, you hit the nail on the head. This would have to be a complex technology change. I understand hinobusman's point and it is a cool idea. There are 3rd party metronome apps where you could program the metronome to slowly increase the tempo over a set period of time. What makes Playground great is the accuracy ratings (green/red notes). If you want to get that instant feedback when playing with a metronome, you would have to record yourself, listen back, make adjustments, and REPEAT THE PROCESS UNTIL YOU HEAR/FEEL YOU ARE PLAYING CORRECTLY...As a music school alum, I can speak from experience...this was how I practiced! It was very tedious and annoying.

hinobusman

Post by hinobusman » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:04 pm

thankyou for your responses and I bow to your better knowledge , it was just a thought ,
still a terrific program as it is
Noel... N Z

draco2023a

Post by draco2023a » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:07 pm

Yup, The instant visual feedback is a huge plus over traditional learning...Not only does it help with timing but it keeps your eyes on the music.

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:28 pm

As I've posted before, I'm amazed at how hard it is for me to play a song without playground.