HELLO FROM NEWBIE AND A QUESTION - NO SCORE

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
DGX66088

HELLO FROM NEWBIE AND A QUESTION - NO SCORE

Post by DGX66088 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Used with my laptop and a DGX660 a few weeks no problem. Now using with a Yamaha PSR E353 and each time I start a lesson and play the keys, they are recognized and notated on the sheet but get message no notes recorded as none played.

When first started got this because I left demo on-but even with it off still not getting any score. I am sure I am missing a setting so please help.

Enjoy the program and thanks in advance. Phil

sw1tch73ch

Re: HELLO FROM NEWBIE AND A QUESTION - NO SCORE

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 am

You might need to contact the support team (I believe you can find their email in the "Contact" part of the support page.

Meanwhile, Are you using the same laptop with the E353? I have that keyboard and it works reasonably well - or it did last time I tried it. Are you using the same cable?

I'm guessing the notes are being marked red. Red means the note was not registered. They turn green if you play them on time. I'll set my E353 up with my Playground Sessions computer tomorrow and see if there was some settings that need to be used. It's possible you have to tell the keyboard to send MIDI notes over channel 1.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

sw1tch73ch

Re: HELLO FROM NEWBIE AND A QUESTION - NO SCORE

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 am

I just used my PSR-E353 with my Windows 7 based Playground Sessions computer. It worked well.

The only real essential setting is the PC mode (Function 32), which is set to OFF. (You have to press the "Function" button a bunch of times until PC mode shows up - they go in order, so depending on which Function is already referenced, it might take a lot of presses).

The cable I am using is the USB-Type A to Type B cable. It is often called the "Printer Cable" because most printers rely on this type of cable. Plug into a USB type 2 port on your computer with the Type A end of the cable and into the "To Host" with the Type B end of the cable.

If you've switched to using a tablet you'll need an OTG (On-The-Go) cable for Android, or the "Camera Connection Kit" for iOS devices.

You can check out pages 42 and 43 of the Owner Manual for the E353.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --