stuck in lesson 41(practice tecniques)

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
kchoperro

stuck in lesson 41(practice tecniques)

Post by kchoperro » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:58 am

Hello,

Im totally stuck in this lesson, i have tried in slow tempo(because normal tempo is insane :D ), but is too much information for my brain to take care of the rigth hand position changes without looking at the keyboard and also taking care of the left hand. i have finished lessons 42-47 with no big problems but im unable to do this.

i am able to do it looking at keyboard or at my own tempo. any hints?

thanks for comments.

sw1tch73ch

Re: stuck in lesson 41(practice tecniques)

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 pm

HINT: YOU ARE ALLOWED TO LOOK AT THE KEYBOARD!!!

I am only partially trying to be funny. Look at the keyboard if you need to. It is good to learn how to play and know where your hands are without looking, but that doesn't mean it is bad to actually look. Watch professionals and you'll see they look at the instrument when they need to - it is probably just less often than a beginner needs to. The real trick is to get your eyes back up to the sheet music quickly and accurately so you just keep on going.

You could try playing just the right hand part, off the clock, getting a feel for where the fingers stretch and where they compress together. After you have the feel for it, you should just barely need to glance to see that you have in fact found the right keys as you play. Then just slowly tick the metronome faster bit by bit.

You might even draw a template of the keyboard and show your hand position at each change in the lesson, to help visualize it. The hardest stretch is probably from the fourth finger on the B and then playing the thumb on the D. Next in difficulty is probably the 2nd Finger on E to the 5th finger on C. Practice just those two notes, Ring Finger on B to the Thumb on D. Then practice the Index finger on E to the Pinky on C. I think once you can do these two "moves" you'll be able to do the full lesson at full speed.

And you can look if you need to.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Here is a sample image of what I mean by drawing out the keyboard and finger positions. At the Top in Red is the starting position. Then the Blue shows the first change as you put the pinky on C and ring finger on B and stretch down with the thumb to D and then from the index finger on E back up to the pinky on C and finally the green shows where you end up with the index on G. This is just to help visualize what you plan to do.
IMG_20170714_172054880.jpg
IMG_20170714_172054880.jpg (130.63 KiB) Viewed 6661 times
Last edited by sw1tch73ch on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Oh, yeah, and EVERYONE deserves their own personal white board (dry erase board). Mine is 17 inches by 11 inches.

-- jbs --

kchoperro

Post by kchoperro » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:06 am

thanks for reply,

i will try and let you know.

Aplaca

Post by Aplaca » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Oops double post *deleted*
Last edited by Aplaca on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aplaca

Post by Aplaca » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:30 pm

I heard if you look down at the keys too much one morning when you wake up David Sides will be sitting at the end of your bed and he smacks you in the shnoz with a rolled up music book. :o :o

Better keep those eyes glued to that music! :evil:

But in all seriousness if I get stuck I just learn the song/key positions without the software playing along. One hand at a time, and slowly merge them together.

Just keep at it, it will eventually just 'click'. :mrgreen: