New Starter

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Mhugs

New Starter

Post by Mhugs » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi gang, Just started and excitedly looking forward to devloping a new skill.

Sypher

Re: New Starter

Post by Sypher » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:49 am

Welcome! I'm new too, and am having a lot of fun so far :)

EJ74

Post by EJ74 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi,
I am also looking forward to learning to play the piano and looking forward to the challenge as I am a complete beginner.

Ethan

wilsonwcyiu

Post by wilsonwcyiu » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:08 am

Hi all, I have just subscribed, looking forward!

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:05 am

Welcome, y'all!

I've been using Playground Sessions for a while. I'm just about ready to complete the Rookie Bootcamp. My one tip: Use ALL the features of the program!

So if you are on a computer (PC or Mac), you can adjust the tempo in fine increments (like 1 BPM at a time). I use this a lot, slowing the tempo way down and working my way toward full speed just a few ticks of the tempo higher at a time. You should also be aware you can loop segments if you find something particularly tricky. And setting the display to show note letter names, finger numbers (the default), or neither - use all three! There's bunches more, but these will get you started.

Explore and have fun.

Oh, I'm not as familiar with the iPad, it has a few of the features still to be implemented. It is in Beta at the moment.

If you haven't already and are comfortable with Facebook, you might want to check the community there:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/playgroundsessions/

Enjoy and Welcome!
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --