Quick MIDI mute toggle

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Laurensss

Quick MIDI mute toggle

Post by Laurensss » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:34 am

Hi, I want to request one of the following:
  • a button in the interface (and/or shortcut key/pianokey) to toggle the MIDI volume to mute and back, or
  • separate volume sliders for MIDI volume and demo piano
There reason is that I much prefer to listen to the sound generated by my own piano when I'm playing (so piano volume in PGS = 0) but now and then I need the demo feature (which needs piano volume set to a high value). This is a lot of clicking to use the demo feature and go back again. On iPad it is even worse.

I think the second suggestion (have separate sliders for MIDI input and piano demo) would be the most elegant.

If you have a reliable way of sending MIDI to my piano to have it play the demo with its built in sounds - even better. But that sounds like a nice to have.

Thanks!

Chrisnichols

Re: Quick MIDI mute toggle

Post by Chrisnichols » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:48 pm

I'd love to see something like this as well.

I usually play with headphones in, where I would want to have the piano muted and have the app make the piano sounds. However, I'll occasionally want to take off the headphones and play for my wife, where I'd rather have the app piano playback muted. Right now this is a bit of a chore.

owlman

Post by owlman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:42 am

Yes, PLEASE add a MIDI mute toggle button or pulldown menu item!

Like many here I prefer my own piano sound, but often want to hear a demo of a new piece I am unfamiliar with.

Going into settings, then into volume settings, then dragging a slider--every time you want to mute or unmute the built-in piano--is really annoying and a bad user experience.

thowa

Post by thowa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:13 am

I second this request! Actually came to the forum to post it myself. Especially needed when using own piano sounds for practice but wanting to activate the demo (which is muted when MIDI is muted.
Other option would be to have a MIDI volume slider on the main page without having to go to the options deep down.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:20 pm

I am not sure about this feature because it might prove to be difficult for the software and development team. I do understand your concerns, though, and I'll forward it to the team later this week.

Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

thowa

Post by thowa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:21 am

Thanks for your follow up.
Likely the easiest programming would be the mute toggle for MIDI altogether on the main page when a sheet/session is opened.
The best option would be to also have a separate volume slider for demo function, so that we at least don't have to struggle with the menues each time we toggle the already existing demo mode buttons.