Intermediate lessons: please re-think how you group song fragments

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
LemurTech

Intermediate lessons: please re-think how you group song fragments

Post by LemurTech » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:51 pm

Some lessons feature excerpts from several songs. This is not a problem in video (follow-along) sections. However, in the do-it-yourself practice sections that generally follow these, when you string two song fragments together (in different keys, even!) and expect the student to jump from one to the other (AT TEMPO, no less) to complete the lesson and earn the points, I feel strongly that you are pushing the limits of acceptable pedagogy.

Intermediate lesson 33 (Syncopation) is a case in point. You should break the Section 2 into a two separate sections. Thanks for listening!

dws

Re: Intermediate lessons: please re-think how you group song fragments

Post by dws » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:28 pm

I strongly agree with this. I thought the lessons were perfectly laid out in terms of difficulty level until I reached this exact problem. I've made it a point not to skip over a lesson without 100% accuracy and now I'm scared I won't be able to achieve this :(

owlman

Post by owlman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:41 am

Yeah what's up with this lesson. Is it really intentional? I agree the the previous posters that for an intermediate level lesson the songs should be split up, or at least put a rest between them!

scirocco

Post by scirocco » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:16 am

You're best to contact them on Facebook. Forums are mostly dead as means of communication these days. The community group page is the most active.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/playgro ... ons/about/

JohnnyP707

Post by JohnnyP707 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:26 am

I also agree. I've been struggling with this and haven't used Playgroung Session in over a year because of the discouragement of failure.

Mach13

Post by Mach13 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:19 am

Gulp! :( :o Lets hope they get to fix this before I get to that point... :shock:
Keep plugging away coz...Progtid makd parfit, Pradtic mskes Pwrfegt, Practicd makez parfait, Praktiss maykes perfekt -keeping at it really works! eventually! :roll:

DrKewel

Post by DrKewel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:27 pm

100% agree

I joined to learn piano. Not to fight a computer.