ASIO problems with new Windows 10 updates

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Windows
mskele

ASIO problems with new Windows 10 updates

Post by mskele » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Windows 10 just did a massive set of updates on my new Lenovo 720 laptop, and as a result ASIO4ALL no longer works properly. I cuts in and out and has a big distortion problem with keyboard input (Yamaha P-115). It has also re-introduce a problem with no video sound when ASIO is chosen as the device. Anybody else getting this? I can switch to windows audio, but the I get the annoying lag when playing the keyboard. Who would be the people to fix this, Playground, ASIO4ALL, or Windows?

mskele

Re: ASIO problems with new Windows 10 updates

Post by mskele » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Correction: I ONLY get audio on ASIO, but the piano is horribly distorted when it works at all.

scirocco

Re: ASIO problems with new Windows 10 updates

Post by scirocco » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:15 pm

Can you workaround by not using the PC to generate the MIDI audio at all? Personally I find all of the PC based audio selections annoyingly laggy and slow. I just let my Yamaha play through its speakers or else use my open earbud headphones. I turn the piano volume down to zero in the Playground Sessions app (Edit>User Settings>Volume) and only have the PS accompaniment music come out the laptop speakers.

I know you said that Windows Audio didn't work for you, but I find that its the best of a bad lot (Surface Pro running the latest Windows 10). If you haven't already checked, there is a drop down box in Edit>User Settings>Audio Devices>Device where you have to select your sound card after choosing Windows Audio. Make sure that hasn't become unselected.