Thinking of taking the plunge but have question first.

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Ryryguy

Thinking of taking the plunge but have question first.

Post by Ryryguy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:33 am

Hi everyone, Thinking of re-learning to play the piano, i'm seriously considering checking out playground sessions. So a little about me. I Played piano for about 7 years as a kid but unfortunately I stopped. Now I'm in my 40s and realize how much I miss it. When I purchase a song, will I have access to all difficulties of that song? Or do I have to purchase more difficult versions as I progress? I'm sorry i checked the FAQ and i'm not finding an answer to my question. If I missed something, I apologize.

Thank you in advance for answering my question.

sw1tch73ch

Re: Thinking of taking the plunge but have question first.

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:30 am

Each difficulty is its own song purchase. If you can read music and think you are up to it go for the Advanced songs. I think many do this. It may take more time and effort but they get to play the full song when done. Each difficulty is a full production effort for the arrangers and Playground Sessions want to be able to keep making versions at each level. You will have to decide if that cost is worth each instance of a work. I am not planning to buy all levels of every song I buy. For some I will though.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:37 am

Hey there,

Thanks for checking us out! I can certainly explain how the song store works.

Yes, each difficulty level of a song is it's own purchase, and they're available at a discount for $3.99 for members ($5 for non members). The reason we have to charge for each version is what John said. Each version is a unique arrangement that we put time into for not only the arrangement itself, but a unique set of fingerings, chord symbols, backing tracks, testing, uploading, etc. Furthermore, some other sites don't offer multiple versions of each song. At Playground, we want to make sure that every user, regardless of skill level, has access to any song they want to play. So if the original version is quite difficult, we want to make it accessible to beginner users. On the contrary, if the original is quite easy, we add some stuff in to make it enjoyable for advanced players.

I would use our Bootcamp curriculum to assess where you're at with your skill level. Jump into some rookie and intermediate Bootcamp lessons and see how you do. Then, try some songs at the same difficulty level. I find that most users like to play all songs at one difficulty level, and then after a while, try the next difficulty level. We also break down difficulties into smaller segments; for example, rookie-easy, rookie-moderate, and rookie-hard.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

Ryryguy

Post by Ryryguy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:57 pm

Thank you for your response :D