Search song store

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Metaphor

Search song store

Post by Metaphor » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:45 pm

When will a search feature be implemented? It has been promised for more than 2 years.

Every time I need to scroll through the entire inventory to find something I'd like to buy makes me wish I went with one of your competitors instead of buying your lifetime account.

Please don't say "soon" again. A categorized search for a web store is not something that belongs at the bottom of some "to do" list. Its absence should be treated as a category 2 bug. Big BUG. Just short of critical BUG. A BUG that is almost a crash that makes your store unusable. A bug that is irritating the heck out of your customers.

andrewwegierski

Re: Search song store

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:57 am

Hi there,

I understand your frustration. Let me explain this situation.

We agree that the size of our music library has definitely reached a place where 'search' functionality will be very useful. It's a key feature for us that we're developing a plan against. Although we cannot give you a specific timeline, we can assure you this is something we will be rolling out in the future. I can also assure you that I'm not just blowing smoke when I say this, and it is definitely not at the bottom of our to do list.

Please continue to let us know what features would improve your experience. We take them all seriously and do our best to implement features that will help everyone.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Metaphor wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:45 pm
When will a search feature be implemented? It has been promised for more than 2 years.

Every time I need to scroll through the entire inventory to find something I'd like to buy makes me wish I went with one of your competitors instead of buying your lifetime account.

Please don't say "soon" again. A categorized search for a web store is not something that belongs at the bottom of some "to do" list. Its absence should be treated as a category 2 bug. Big BUG. Just short of critical BUG. A BUG that is almost a crash that makes your store unusable. A bug that is irritating the heck out of your customers.
That's one reason I never use the in-app store. It's just hard to find what you want without infinitely scrolling. I use the web page and it isn't hard to find what I want there. Control-F pulls up the web browser page search feature and that works as a "work around" - and I do believe Andrew when he says they're working on it. There are a lot of features that we are all eagerly, and often impatiently, waiting for.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Oh, and along those lines, it would be really helpful if the page showed those songs we'd already purchased with a little "already In Inventory" type icon or tag.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Metaphor

Post by Metaphor » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Website search is totally inadequate. It only helps if you already know the artist or the name of the song. A search function must provide category filters, where a genre, difficulty, artist, etc. can be specified in any combination for the filter. A website search is only slightly less frustrating than scrolling the inventory in the app. I guarantee I'd have dozens of titles in my library by now if it there was a search feature. Can't tell you how many times I shut down the thing, cursing in frustration, after scrolling just a few pages of stuff I don't have any interest in.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:54 am

Got it, John. I've forwarded that specific feature to the team. I think that's a great idea.

I understand your frustration, Metaphor. This is why it's not at the bottom of our to-do list. I can assure you that we are aware of the pressing need for this feature.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Metaphor wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:44 pm
Website search is totally inadequate. It only helps if you already know the artist or the name of the song. A search function must provide category filters, where a genre, difficulty, artist, etc. can be specified in any combination for the filter. A website search is only slightly less frustrating than scrolling the inventory in the app. I guarantee I'd have dozens of titles in my library by now if it there was a search feature. Can't tell you how many times I shut down the thing, cursing in frustration, after scrolling just a few pages of stuff I don't have any interest in.
The web page does include a few categories to help search for songs. There are the "Levels" - Rookie, Intermediate, and Advanced. There are also the Genre Categories: Classical, COntemporary Piano, Country, Film/TV/Musicals, Gospel, Holiday, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, and Traditional. Finally, two more: for if there are video tutorials and if they include a backing accompaniment.

What would you add to these categories? I know one thing I would add is the ability to combine categories so I can look for Rookie | Classical | that have Videos. Right now, you get to choose one filter only.

-- jbs --

logisnews

Post by logisnews » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Yeah, this is a deal-breaker for me. I was very excited about this service otherwise.