More shortcuts

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Cedric

More shortcuts

Post by Cedric » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:25 am

Hello,
Please add as many shortcuts as possible and document them in the help.

The ultimate goal is to never have to move hands in an exercice for any action, such as stop, start, next , previous. Best next case is to have to move 1 hand. One should never have to use the mouse as it's unproductive and sometimes delicate to place on a surface almost wholly occupied by a master keyboard.

Example:
Start: 1 keypress on a pedal
stop: 2 quick keypressels on a pedal
next: 3 quick keypressels on a pedal
previous: 4 quick keypressets on a pedal

Alternatively, you could give the midi codes corresponding to each action for people to be able to program their controller.

Alternative with just piano keyboard:
Start: 2 lowest keys (white+back) of the piano keyboard simulataneously.
Stop: key 1 + key 3 of of the piano keyboard (white +white) simulataneously.
Next: Key 1 + key 4 of of the piano keyboard (white +white) simulataneously.
Previous: Key 1 + Key 5 of the piano keyboard (white +black) simulataneously.

This could be mirrored on the top of the keyboard for people preferring to use the right kay:
Start: 2 highest keys, and so forth.

Ideally, this would also be duplicated on computer keyboard, with custom defined shortcuts.

andrewwegierski

Re: More shortcuts

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:21 am

Thanks for the suggestion, Cedric! Shortcuts are always a good feature to have. I can see what the team thinks.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

drackonos

Post by drackonos » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:09 am

I actually got on the forums for the first time to ask if there was a way to do this. I would like to be able to map the extra buttons on my Launchkey MK2 to the repeat and other song controls so I am not forced to reach over or around my keyboard every time I wish to restart a song. Being new to piano and feeling like I have to reliably perfect a song before moving on, I am constantly restarting and this would be a pretty massive QoL improvement. Please please please add this or let me know if there is already some way to do it.

Donka61

Post by Donka61 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:12 pm

I too have been wanting some more shortcuts. I’m waiting for the day when you can just talk to the computer and give commands (like one can with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, or Apple Siri devices.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:30 pm

I'm not sure if we could map in-app functions to buttons on the keyboard. But I do think that more computer keyboard shortcuts are possible and will be added at some point in the future.

Donka61, I'm sure that day will arrive before we know it. Crazy!
Andrew Wegierski

Music Arranger

LaneHenderson

Post by LaneHenderson » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:19 pm

I'd like to second being able to start the song using a pedal. I found where you can use the extreme bottom/top keys to start but takes my hands away from where I want them. Not a huge deal but as a beginner with some of the faster tempo lessons, it's kind of hard to get back in place in time LOL. I know it's good practice, but it seems very intuitive to be able to use a pedal to start. A lot of metronomes are set up that way where you can use an external footswitch to start/stop them. Just an idea :)

LaurieK

Post by LaurieK » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:21 pm

I like that I can use a C to start the lesson/song over and a D to move to the next lesson. It would be nice if after I use the D I didn't have to use my mouse to get it to start playing. Maybe add a shortcut using the E Key.

Thanks

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Someone today told me that they use the space bar after pressing D to get the next lesson to play.
Andrew Wegierski

Music Arranger

Swampfox

Post by Swampfox » Mon May 27, 2019 2:21 pm

Hitting the lowest and highest keys simultaneously generally starts or stops any lesson. I'm pretty sure it starts the next lesson after hitting any 'D'. Unfortunately, that shortcut requires you to position both hands during the count, rather than just the one when using the mouse. Having said that, I've only been playing a couple of months and moving my hands to position during the count isn't really the hard part anymore. Yet, I prefer to leave at least one hand in place when stating a passage, out of my own laziness I presume.