Fingering in Human Nature

A place to discuss songs you're learning, difficulty levels, genres and more!
stelek

Fingering in Human Nature

Post by stelek » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm learning Human Nature on Rookie / Moderate.

Measure #157 - which is the beginning of the "outro" - asks me to use fingers 2 and 3 and the right hand. As I'm now assembling the entire piece together, I came to the conclusion that this might be wrong. Using those fingers here requires the musician to move the hand. But if we used 3 & 4 instead, no movement would be needed and the flow from the previous part would not be interrupted. Moreover - all parts of the song would then start with an identical position of the right hand, which seems like the way to go...

Any chance that this is actually a mistake?

sw1tch73ch

Re: Fingering in Human Nature

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm

It's always possible it is a mistake. Remember, though. that the finger numbers are a suggestion and if you feel like using different fingers are more effective or comfortable, do it. The program won't mark you down for using the wrong fingers. If Andrew can have a look at that one, he can probably authoritatively answer if it is a mistake - but always feel free to use your only fingering. I'd start with what they've indicated, but change as needed.

But still always ask if they goofed when the fingering looks wrong because maybe they did goof up.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:06 pm

I remember this same issue being brought up over email on the support desk.

Yes, that's indeed a mistake. I've notified Thomas to upload the corrected file.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

stelek

Post by stelek » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 am

It would actually be great to be able to modify the fingering in the way we like. If there's something I feel more comfortable with, I'd love to be able to change the fingering in the program and then print the sheet with my updates :D

In case the original issue is a mistake and it gets updated, how do I re-download the song?

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:48 pm

stelek wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 am
It would actually be great to be able to modify the fingering in the way we like. If there's something I feel more comfortable with, I'd love to be able to change the fingering in the program and then print the sheet with my updates :D

In case the original issue is a mistake and it gets updated, how do I re-download the song?
Once it has been updated, when you open the song fresh (having been in another song or lesson) you'll see it downloading when you click on it.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Yes, just make sure the app prompts a new download. Then the new files will download automatically and the corrected fingerings should appear.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com