Rookie Vs. Intermediate

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
joe_hill

Rookie Vs. Intermediate

Post by joe_hill » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:09 pm

So here's a question:

I'd like to learn "Imagine" (basically, the whole reason I took up the study of piano is to learn how to play my favorite Beatles tunes). Playground offers to teach the song at three different levels: rookie, intermediate, and advanced.

At the risk of sounding dunderheaded... if I decide to learn the rookie arrangement, will that undermine learning the same song again, at the intermediate level? I assume that if you tackle the rookie arrangement first, it'll just be that much easier to figure out the intermediate (and then the advanced) presentations. But before I get going, thought I would confirm that with the crowd. I'd hate to get the fingering down one way, and then have to reimagine the fingering in a whole new different way later.

Apologies to all if this is a blitheringly dumb question...

sw1tch73ch

Re: Rookie Vs. Intermediate

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:50 pm

I have a few songs I've bought all three levels. I can't tell you from experience yet if learning the lower version hinders your learning the more advanced. I haven't gotten that far. But I do not think it will hurt. When you are ready to learn intermediate, it will be as hard or as easy as any other. The same will happen when you get to advanced.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Re: Rookie Vs. Intermediate

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Good advice from John. Joe, I replied on your other thread.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com