A few ideas

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
MrSchaeferPants

A few ideas

Post by MrSchaeferPants » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:09 pm

I've come and gone from subscribing and using this program a few times over the last two years. I wish I would have kept up with it, tried harder. I'd be so much better. I have not progressed much. This time I sought out other programs first, basically a flashcard game to help memorize notes. I've tried many, only found one good one, and it stopped with only the treble clef.

#1 Reading and memorizing staff notation

Currently I just finished the course, grand staff treble and bass clefs. I'm not ready to move on to notes outside the ledger lines. What someone like me needs is a whole bunch of easy songs with only those notes. Repetition. I've learned all the notes inside the ledger lines, but I'm not proficient. I'm not ready for the next lesson; outside the ledger lines. I need practice. Give me a lesson of like 20 rinky dink easy songs. Not in stages, a whole easy slow song. As the lessons continue, it adds more half and quarter notes, gets faster, harder, etc. Taking off from the last lesson (lesson 21 in that section).

This is why I have never progressed. The boot camp (rookie, some of intermediate) I've redone three times now. I never truly learned the notes visually. But the lessons get too hard to fast. I rely on the fingering numbers. I think it hurts you. My favorite lessons, are the very last lesson of a section. Its challenging, but I can do it. Its the most amount of playing, its not too slow and boring. But I can do it.

#2 Changing how the number and letter buttons work while you play

Instead of only letters, or only numbers (if at all a choice) it doesn't help. I think something that would help much better would be to have the fingering numbers where they are, but have the note letter displayed as well but on the actual staff, directly beside the note, on the same line or space, perhaps fadded a little. So as you play it, you have help from the fingering number, but also visually begin to memorize the note location with letter.

#3 C Retry / D Next / E Play

Unless I missed something. It would be so helpful to have a note on my keyboard, begin playing the lesson instead of clicking the play button with my mouse. Its hard for new people to get their hands in position, then press play, and remember where to put it back, what notes are playing first, in which hand, etc. Perhaps its a feature you can turn on and off.

MrSchaeferPants

Re: A few ideas

Post by MrSchaeferPants » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Well, as I'm feeling a little dumb. I was using the songs I can download wrong. I saw that I got 3 or so free songs each month's subscription. I always used that to purchase the most advanced songs. With the idea that when I got good, I can play those songs. I did perhaps just happen to buy two easy songs. I went to look at them again and see that they are exactly that. Easy songs I can play and practice with. Now I wish I could turn them all into the easy versions instead so I can practice those.

At least I know now. :lol:

hfeliz87

Re: A few ideas

Post by hfeliz87 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:10 am

the only reason i registered in the forums was to write something just like idea #3. I have a had time coming back to my position after every song i play