Hi From Delaware

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Cobra1365

Hi From Delaware

Post by Cobra1365 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Hello All,
New to Sessions.
I started playing piano about 6 yrs ago. After 5 yrs of “lessons”, I felt like I was going no where. Consequently, the last year, I laid off almost completely. Then I saw this program offered. I figured if I buy the lifetime subscription, it will force me back to the keys.
I just completed the first two boot camp lessons. Yes, very rudimentary stuff. But, the feedback makes you want to go back and correct it! Something I was told seems to be very important to adult learners. We tend to stop and go back rather than play through a mistake. With this setup, I can play through and then go back until I perfect it.

I did notice 5hat the lessons don’t seem to register complete right away, though. I had to reaccomplish lesson one and though I just finished lesson two, it still shows incomplete. Certainly I shouldn’t have to take each lesson twice! Ideas?

Oh, and a little about myself...
Turning 60 this year.
Wife and I have two sons and three grands (2 girls, 1 boy)
Retired AF and will be retiring from Fed Svc this Summer.

I look forward to sharing everyone’s piano adventure!

andrewwegierski

Re: Hi From Delaware

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:29 pm

That's just a tiny little bug in the boot camps - how the lessons mark as complete. For me, if I complete Rookie tour lesson 2, as soon as I click on lesson 3 and download it, lesson 2 shows as complete. No, you don't have to do anything twice, but make sure you've got at least 80% on all the segments.

By the way, welcome to Playground!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

Cobra1365

Re: Hi From Delaware

Post by Cobra1365 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Thanks!