Option to hide the cursor

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
phf

Option to hide the cursor

Post by phf » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Having an option to disable the visual cursor while playing would force users to count properly instead of waiting for the cursor. I think this would help make the transition from PGS to printed sheet music easier. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

andrewwegierski

Re: Option to hide the cursor

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:07 pm

That's a great suggestion. I've heard about this one before. I'll notify the development team to consider adding this in the next desktop version.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

cgierlack

Post by cgierlack » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi, any update with this request? Is it slated for a release?

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:32 pm

I don't have an update, but I did respond to your email. I just messaged Thomas about this and will get back to you over the support desk.
Andrew Wegierski

Music Arranger

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Thanks again for the suggestion, but I just got word from Thomas that there are no plans to do this in the future as of right now.
Andrew Wegierski

Music Arranger

Amcollins1

Post by Amcollins1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Hey Andrew W,

It looks like this feature was discussed fairly recently and at the moment will not be developed but I do want to jump in and let your team know that I also agree with cgierlack. Having the ability to toggle this feature would aid in overall growth. Right now it feels more like a crutch than a tool the further you progress. I would be very interested to understand any reasoning as to why this feature would not be built out.

Thanks,

Andrew

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 pm

This is definitely a popular feature request from our users. It's on our list of features to look into, but there's no real timeline for if / when this will happen.

We'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop if the feature gets added.

Judex

Post by Judex » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:01 pm

Another request for a "hide the cursor" option. At times, the cursor seems to be "twitchy" - a little less than "jerky", but still distracting. Could this have something to do with having other programs being open at the same time, a browser for example? (I usually do have at least something else easily available, for when I'm making a mess of an exercise.) We have old[/i telephone lines here, and the ancient paper-insulated wires respond poorly to wet weather, so maybe that's involved? (But the pieces are downloaded, so why would that be?)

It would be really helpful to be able to hide the cursor when this occurs and just get the rhythm from the metronome or the backing track. At times I've given up on the attempt to continue and gone off to wait it out. Or maybe after a certain point in the program you (PGS) could just disable it if providing the option for the individual user?

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Windows 10 especially is bad about doing stuff in the background while you're trying to work. When you are doing something "real time" like practicing music, the windows background tasks do make thing a mess. I haven't figured out a way around this since Windows 10 makes it so hard to shut down all that background garbage
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Okabe

Post by Okabe » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:20 am

Seems so odd that it seems to take so long to implement.

On various occasions the cursor dissapeared for me for no reason and it just highlighted the notes green or red when I passed, I found this really helpful actually.

As long as it shows the red/green notes after the piece has been played, it will be a great feature.