Am I the only one who is having a heart attack at rookie session 8?!

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
FatB

Re: Am I the only one who is having a heart attack at rookie session 8?!

Post by FatB » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Just another rookie sharing his point of view :) Im at rookie 66 I think and I start noticing that I rely too much on the numbers. I use an iPad and the numbers come back at each new lessons so I got fed up to remove them but I notice it's a crutch. Also I learn by pattern and when I realised that the space were FACE on treble and ACE (end of FACE) plus G on the bass, I have to say I got lazy and learned just F ACE G and did not really get used to the rest. If Im on a line above A its B and above G its A. I also noticed that is you have a space after a space or a line after a line you skip a finger :)
Of course these tricks helped my as my memory is no good :) But I tell you this to beware of tricks that may become crutches.
I will work on those and it's not the end of the world as it's only been like 2-3 months, but take the time to learn it cleanly.
Hpe this helps !
Stef
Je parle francais et anglais/I speak english and french
I use the iPad app with camera connector and a Kurzweil PC361

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:02 am

The numbers are a guide to where it is the most useful to position the fingers at any given point. They actually do no relate to specific letters or keys and you are free to choose different fingers to play any given key. There are books for learning piano fingering, if you want to supplement Playground Sessions. Basically you want to put your fingers where the hands move the least.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Judex

Post by Judex » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:10 am

"There are books for learning piano fingering."

Play the Piano Drunk Like a Percussion Instrument until the Fingers Begin to Bleed a Bit is not one of them.