Wait mode

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Phylos

Wait mode

Post by Phylos » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:08 pm

I'm getting back to practicing piano after 50 years of not playing (10 years of lessons). I've found that playground sessions is very good at helping in this effort but there is one major problem that causes me a lot of frustration. There is a need for a "wait" mode at certain times in learning a piece. Especially, for more difficult pieces when first trying to integrate both hands and hit the right notes. I get more focused on trying to hit the tempo than trying to get the notes right. Sure, I can turn off the tempo and just practice the song like regular sheet music, but then there is no scrolling of the piece or feedback for correct notes.

I've experimented with your competitor (Flowkey) which has this wait mode and found it very helpful (although they have other problems). I've also slowed down tempo's in PG to various levels and used looping which helps, but this is still frustrating because it is a bunch of selecting tempos and areas for looping just to get through certain difficult sections in an effort to hit the right notes. A simple wait mode would facilitate faster learning.

I've written a lot of software in my life, and am pretty sure this would not be a difficult thing to do.

When can you provide a wait mode?

TwistedAngel

Re: Wait mode

Post by TwistedAngel » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:56 pm

I love this idea. It would be really beneficial when I'm just working through the fingering on a piece and just want to go through the notes at my own pace and still have the page scroll down.

dirtyredog

Re: Wait mode

Post by dirtyredog » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:17 pm

This is my second most desired feature! If I could practice like I do with synthesia waiting on the notes first I might actually not need the feature I want the most which is having the finger numbers and notes together so that I can work on memorizing.