App no longer accepts input from keyboard

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
Mike1952

App no longer accepts input from keyboard

Post by Mike1952 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:58 pm

I’ve been using the app on my iPad connected to my Williams Legato keyboard with a midi cable and apple USB adapter with no problem. However, as of yesterday the app will not recognize input from my keyboard. The app says my keyboard is connected, but when I press the keys on my keyboard nothing happens. If I press the on-screen they play. I checked all the connections, tried turning the iPad and the keyboard off and on, deleted and reinstalled the app and nothing worked. Today I bought a new USB to Lightning adapter but that didn’t help. My iPad is Running the latest version of iOS, which is 12.2. I’ve been emailing Dave in customer support and he hasn’t come up with a solution.
Is anyone else having this problem?

sw1tch73ch

Re: App no longer accepts input from keyboard

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:55 pm

I have an iPad Air on iOS 12.2. I can still connect AND play on my digital piano (not a Williams, but I doubt that has anything much to do with it). You might check that the MIDI of the Legato is set to the right ports. On my piano I have both the 5 pin round connectors and a USB port. If I'm set for one, the other doesn't send data - you might have accidentally set something in the MIDI mode that stopped it sending. It will connect fine but the piano doesn't send. But that's a long shot.

One thought if you use the Round 5 Pin connections (one for IN and one for OUT) perhaps the cable got disconnected and was put back reversed? You could try swapping in for out and out for in. Lord knows how often I have done that on my older keyboards. Move things (usually while cleaning) and reconnect the cable wrong. If you're using USB MIDI, it's kind of hard to connect wrong.

You've done all the other stuff I would have done.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Tim3030

Post by Tim3030 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:52 pm

Hey Mike - Ever find a solution? I'm having the same issue with my iphone 6 (iOS 12.2). It won't recognize any of my midi devices. I've been scouring the internet - I haven't found an explanation or solution yet.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Tim, Playground won't work with iPhones. Sorry about that.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com