Progress Report

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
geordiebri

Progress Report

Post by geordiebri » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:42 am

Hello everyone. just a quick note to let you know how I'm progressing.
I started as a total novice, never having touched a keyboard in my life. I'm now 53 and playing the piano is something I've always wanted to do, but never got round to it. I thought the best way to go would be through online learning and i come to Playground through review I saw on the net.
Anyway to cust a long story short. i struck my first key at the end of December and I'm now up to lesson 52 in the Rookie boot camp and I'm enjoying every minute. I just love the way the lessons are laid out and i make sure i don't get to another lesson before I get 100% first.
I was wondering how everyone else is progressing?
Thanks,
Brian

sw1tch73ch

Re: Progress Report

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi Geordiebri!

Excellent work! This is great news!

I recently finished the Rookie Bootcamp and completed my first four 3 Star songs (Rookie level songs). One more completed 3 Star Song and I'll earn one more free song credit (it takes 15 stars). I started a bit longer ago - over a year, in fact! But I consider any progress good, no matter how slow.

Keep it going and let us know how you're doing at your next major milestone!
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

equilibria

Post by equilibria » Sun May 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi,

I started beginning of March 2019 and played 43 hours. So that is a little over a half hour per day.
I never played piano before.

BOOTCAMP
I am at rookie bootcamp lesson 75 and finished the first 4 intermediate lessons.

COURSES
I finished course '50 famous melodies', did some GoT social media challenge, am at lesson 24 of the both hands,
lesson 6 of the octave scales, lesson 4 of the reading music course.

SONGS
Finished 3 rookie easy songs with 3 stars. 1 rookie moderate song with 3 stars.

How are you progressing?

Greetings,
Eelco

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 21, 2019 12:27 pm

This is exciting news! Thanks everyone for sharing. Happy to see this activity on our forums.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

griced

Post by griced » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:25 pm

great progress Brian Eelco (43 hrs - nice!!) .. I am 56 and never played piano before. Always wanted to play so also found this & thought to give it a go. Been practicing every day since starting about 4 weeks ago. Currently on lesson 45 rookie and definitely a slower pace now to get through each lesson.. but that's ok. Loving this learning system. I know the key is repetition and patience.

Cheers, Dave

mgardner

Post by mgardner » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:29 am

I started using this program on May 20, 2019. Started with 1 week free trial then became a lifetime member. I have not done any of the songs yet but I've completed (everything with 100%) Rookie and Intermediate Bootcamp and 5 unlocked courses, and just started Advanced Bootcamp today.

I had a minor surgery and a week trip since I started (took about 10 days off) but I normally practice about 3-5 hours a day. Thanks to this great program, I don't even know when to stop! I really love the instant feedback and the scores at the end of each lesson. It's easy to see the progress and making 100% feels like playing a game rather than practicing.

I am planning to start working on songs once I finish Advanced Tour and new courses (if any are avairable) so I just can't wait to finish up all the lessons.

I've always wanted to learn how to play piano, I wish I started a lot sooner.