36 And thinking about starting playing piano

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
BrutalRage

36 And thinking about starting playing piano

Post by BrutalRage » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:22 am

HI I am Guido from the Netherlands.

I am thinking about starting to play piano.
Just got some doubts if I can get anygood being this age. (36)
Also I want to buy silent Piano any recommandations about my first silent piano that works great with this software?
Any recommandations what I should buy all together?

Wish I started playing an instrument before.
Also I cant read any music so I need to lean that asswell.
I feel a bit overwelmed with the Piano

Any advice would be apricated.
Sorry for my bad English.

andrewwegierski

Re: 36 And thinking about starting playing piano

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:09 am

Hi Guido, welcome!

Wow, 36 is nothing to worry about. We have lots of users in their 60s, 70s, some even 80s!

I'm not sure about how a Yamaha Silent Piano would work with Playground - you'd have to see if it has some hybrid connectivity options with USB to Host or MIDI. Yamaha people would be able to help you out.

If you're looking for a high end Yamaha, I'd have to recommend the Arius.

https://www.playgroundsessions.com/stor ... bundle/113

No need to feel overwhelmed - Playground makes it SO easy you won't believe it. We start with the absolute basics in the beginning of Rookie Bootcamp, and then you can start playing rookie songs!

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:47 pm

36 is YOUNG. Granted the best age to starting is as a child. The Suzuki and a few other "methods" prefer this. But for those of us normal people that weren't put into lessons as an infant (relatively speaking) 36 is plenty young enough to start. We have folks in the Facebook group that have just started that are in the 60s, 70s and 80s. So yeah, 36 is fine. It's great even.

The Yamaha Silent Pianos do have a computer controller module that has USB "To Host" and also standard round 5 pin MIDI ports. You'd have to double check on a case by case basis that a specific model includes them.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

BrutalRage

Post by BrutalRage » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:16 pm

Thanks for advice.
I Just bought a Yamaha YDP-S34 Black .
Just started and loving it. Now at the lesson with the second hand involved and its feels like i am back at 0.
Still alot of fun.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:03 am

The YPD-S34 looks like a cool keyboard.

The trick I found most useful for both hands together is to slow things down. There was a YouTube video shared on Facebook that talked about "mistakes beginners make" or something like that. One thing was not using slow, even painfully slow, tempos. So go slow. You'll learn it faster, ironically, by playing slow. So take your time. Work at a pace you can manage. If it is slower than the default slow tempo, that's okay. When you can consistently successfully play through the lesson speed it up a little. Keep repeating this process until you are up to full speed. It will usually happen faster than you expect.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

BrutalRage

Post by BrutalRage » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:46 am

Thanks for the advice. I am having so much fun right now. Just playing with 1 hand and with background music but with it it feels like a am really playing. First I was a bit sceptical with playground being number 1 and all but I have to say, this really makes learning fun.
Only thing is that i hope the android support gets better. I have to plug in and out the cable alot because i am losing sound. But this is so great!
I really feel that I can learn playing the piano.