Please explain difficulty levels

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
Swampfox

Please explain difficulty levels

Post by Swampfox » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:36 am

Hi,
I noticed that there are difficulty levels assigned to boot camp lessons, although the vast majority are labeled easy. I really could not make heads or tails of what that means. For example, the intermediate level block chord lessons mostly are all 'easy', the intermediate left hand only broken chord lessons are 'easy, and even the three lessons (Sonata 11, Counting Stars, and Fallin) with the left hand playing broken chords / arpeggios and the R hand playing a simple melody are 'easy'. Another example: "Bring Me to Life" consists of two chords, one in root, one in second inversion, is 8 bars in whole notes at 100 BPM, changes every other measure, only uses the left hand. It is ranked as intermediate hard. "Fallin" is 18 measures of two chords in three inversions, changes every measure, arpeggiates the left hand, has a right hand melody, the whole thing is 192 BPM in eighths at 6/8 and is marked as intermediate easy. I'm just confused. Do these levels mean anything to the end user?

AP87

Re: Please explain difficulty levels

Post by AP87 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:34 am

I guess app is mostly oriented on people who can't play a note on piano. If you saw the instrument before, even some advanced lessons are just too easy. Looking forward to have more advanced lessons or proper song arrangements.

Swampfox

Post by Swampfox » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:45 pm

I'm a beginner and I'm Ok that PGS isn't geared toward advanced players. I'd just like to know if the ranking system within a level has any utility so I can get a handle on how I'm progressing.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:05 pm

I would email support@playgroundsessions.com and I can direct your request to a more appropriate team member to answer.

I did not design or delegate the lessons, so I do not have a great answer for you.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

Swampfox

Post by Swampfox » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Here's what Thomas sent:

"When it comes to Bootcamp lessons, the "easy, moderate and hard" labels will impact the behavior of the instant feedback. For example, lessons designated as "easy" will have a more lenient scoring.

Hope this provides some clarification."

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:40 am

Yep. I agree.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com