Android version of Playground sessions ?

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
stopic

Android version of Playground sessions ?

Post by stopic » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 pm

Is there any plan to make Android version of Playground sessions? and if yes, when will that happend?

I know for old one, but there was a lot of problems with some synth, there were not recognized by the app.

Thank you in advance!

Sinisa

andrewwegierski

Re: Android version of Playground sessions ?

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:06 am

Hi there,

Great question! Yes, there are plans for an Android version of Playground Sessions in the long term future. Unfortunately, due to our developers being really busy with the new platform for Windows/Mac, I don't have a timetable yet.

The new platform is their current priority. Once that's done we'll see attention shifted to other platforms such as iPads and Androids.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

Pharmacisticus

Post by Pharmacisticus » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:16 am

I've also been thinking of an Android app.

I find sometimes I'm out and see a piano and wish I had a cut down version of Playground that I could get out and play from.

Maybe a very thin version, perhaps where it just has the songs you have downloaded and could have the song scroll across the screen?

Just my thoughts... :)

BrutalRage

Post by BrutalRage » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:04 pm

There was a android app and a matter of fact i am stil using it. Maybe apple apaired witte big money bag? I thinking its bs the they dont have time. Should have just updated what already there. But yeah how many people use android? Well its seems alot. But screw us. Buy a iPad or foldeable pc no not Chrome, doesnt word.

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:00 am

BrutalRage wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:04 pm
There was a android app and a matter of fact i am stil using it. Maybe apple apaired witte big money bag? I thinking its bs the they dont have time. Should have just updated what already there. But yeah how many people use android? Well its seems alot. But screw us. Buy a iPad or foldeable pc no not Chrome, doesnt word.
:D Had Apple appeared with a bag of money don't you think there would have been an update for the Mac/ iOS apps, in a framework that actually works will on those platforms?
I'm afraid we're being taken for a ride here. PGS will happily sell you subs and songs, but there has been zero indication of any development work in a long time now. I won't be surprised (but a bit sad) if we never get a new version. It's been only promises for years now.

BrutalRage

Post by BrutalRage » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:51 am

You got a point. Playground dieing a Slow death?!

FlatPanda

Post by FlatPanda » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:02 am

Hi all

I'm pretty new here, but I feel I just have to add my not-too-much-worth unasked-for 2 cents:
  • creating a new platform is good, but it's a lot of time and money. The current PGS (take it from a programmer) was easily some person years to implement (meaning multiple developers working for a year in 40 hours a week). A new platform isn't going to go faster, because you have to start from almost scratch. Take into account that PGS is not Midas, they have to implement so that they have a proper ROI.
  • even if there will never be a newer platform, PGS is still one of the best apps out there for home learning. Yes, based on the forum posts I've read, there are some features missing (rests, length of notes) and some coverage in the courses is lacking (pedals, when to move away from the fingering numbers and just read the sheet), BUT it's still pretty easily your money's worth. I don't know about the prices in various places in the US, but in Western Europe a 45-60 minute in-person lesson is easily equivalent to 20-30 (if not 100 in some cities) USD.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind a new platform (with some facelifting in the UX/UI department, like configurable hotkeys for next/retry/play/etc.) on PC and Mac, that seems realistic. Mobile devices would be awesome, but if the use-case is that you want to put your device on the sheet holder and play away, there are many good apps for that already, you don't need PGS for that.

As I said: just my 2 cents as a very-very-very novice piano player and PGS member :)

Cheers

Moreless

Post by Moreless » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:27 am

I think I recall reading that the main developer of the app passed away attempting to save some kids in a flood. I imagine the developer had everything password protected and neglected to share that information with the rest of the team. Anyway, the team is able to add new songs but not much else. So they've been rebuilding the app for the last 2.5 to 3 years. Take this with a grain of salt this might have been some other app I was reading about years ago.

Johnamaro

Post by Johnamaro » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:57 am

stopic wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 pm
Is there any plan to make Android version of Playground sessions? and if yes, when will that happend?

I know for old one, but there was a lot of problems with some synth, there were not recognized by the app.

Thank you in advance!

Sinisa
I am waiting for this app myself but I am using these alternative apps until this app is made in android version. If you like one of these alternative apps then you can also use it for free.

Synthesia

Piano Marvel

Flowkey

Pianu

Musicope

Piano Tiles 2™(Don't Tap...2)

Skoove

Magic Piano

Piano Terrazzo

PianoBooster

PianoCrumbs

Piano Pink Tiles 2