I have an iPad 4 but am having issues

Have a question? Look no further!
funomoly

I have an iPad 4 but am having issues

Post by funomoly » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:43 am

Hi all :D Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I have a question regarding my setup and the tech forums are locked.

I have an iPad4 running 10.3.3 and a lifetime subs to PGS installed.

I purchased a Korg MicroKey 61key Bluetooth keyboard which connects to PGS via the BLE-MIDI app and a lightning camera cable.

What happens next is baffling..

I open PGS and connect the Korg (which shows as connected on the iPad when I tap the keys) however I get a sound for three seconds before it cuts out completely - so no sound - even through headphones.

Can anyone help with a workaround?
Thanks in advance!

sw1tch73ch

Re: I have an iPad 4 but am having issues

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:37 am

The support team can be reached via support@playgroundsessions.com

I have seen a few times that BlueTooth is not fully supported in the current edition of the app. I've also seen folks with success using it. I don't try with my keyboard because I use a windows box and Windows in general has had issues keeping connected to bluetooth things for me (headphones, PC keyboards, mice and other things).

That said, one thing to check, just in case, is that you have all the sound settings set to use 44.1 KHz. I don't know if the Korg does audio over bluetooth, so that might not even be a consideration, but worth checking anyway.

Give the email above a message and see if they can help. They track support issues via the email system, so it is their official support gateway.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

funomoly

Post by funomoly » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:27 am

Hi, Thanks for the response! It makes sense the Bluetooth issue as being the source of the sound issue - it's a shame as Ill probably have to sell the keyboard now and perhaps look for something with a speaker (if that's the workaround)?
Ill message support now and find out what they say too.
Thanks again 👍

funomoly

Post by funomoly » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:02 pm

OMG I tried the 44.1 sample rate workaround...AND IT WORKED!! :D :D Thank you so much!! I'll report back if any issues but so far it's working great!
Legend!