Learning Guideline

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
trublu

Learning Guideline

Post by trublu » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:36 am

Hello all,

Do anybody have a learning guideline that they are using? For instance, do you do all the rookie bootcamp first, then all the rookie courses next, and final a rookie song? I'm trying to figure out a practical structure.

Thanks!

rj3711

Re: Learning Guideline

Post by rj3711 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:59 pm

I'm learning that there really isn't "one" right path through PGS. And it's really based on what goals you have set for yourself and your own motivation for learning.

I made a post back in December trying to understand when to fold in the courses that I accidentally unlocked early. At the end I tried to outline a process for working through the bootcamp and courses.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19509

But I changed my path in January and put a pause on the rookie bootcamp and courses for the 30 day challenge. During the challenge, I only practiced the lessons release each day of the challenge.

Now that I've completed the challenge, I'm going back to where I left off in the rookie bootcamp. I may alternate between bootcamp lessons and course lessons, but am committed to spending 30 minutes a day focused on one lesson rather than trying to combine all of them at once.

Here is another recent post that also covers some ways to progress through PGS.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19811

There is a really good quote in there:
EFlatMajor wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:10 pm
"Your practice method should be what works best for you" - a completely true yet completely useless answer.

trublu

Re: Learning Guideline

Post by trublu » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Thanks rj3711! That post link was helpful.