A bit of bragging... maybe inappropriate

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
FlatPanda

A bit of bragging... maybe inappropriate

Post by FlatPanda » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:51 am

I've just finished the "Rookie Tour" of the bootcamps and I want to scream from joy.

It was difficult, especially the "Final Review" part (I think only on "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" I spent at least 4-5 hours), but it was so much worth it.

A couple months ago I've never play a note on any instrument. Now I'm playing 30 second segments from real songs on the piano. Feels like magic :mrgreen:

rj3711

Re: A bit of bragging... maybe inappropriate

Post by rj3711 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:41 pm

Congratulations!

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:18 am

Awesome!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

zoey

Post by zoey » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:03 am

I want to be bragging! But, I am so far from actually starting. Just like a fringe creature, I wet my legs and run back. Sigh. My interest started from a physics undergrad class. Yep a silly book (I still have my copy as a reminder to dip my feet deeper) titled Principles of Physics got me entangled with sound waves and music. I read about it. Talk about it. Buy stuff to support it, but I cannot bring myself to start. I think its a fear of failing. Also perhaps a fear of the hours I need to put in.
I love the fact that you have reached a stage where you can brag. Congratulations!

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:19 pm

Zoey,

So there's this crazy thing that happens when you actually get started. What happens is you ask yourself why you waited so long!

"What do you really need to start?" you might ask.

A reasonable starter keyboard - look into the playground sessions Keyboard Bundles. These are pretty much guaranteed to work with the app do the job well. Because I want to be able to play and honest to goodness real piano, I bought a keyboard with the weighted keys. If that is not your long term goal, then a much less expensive keyboard will work for you - perhaps the Playground Sessions PG-150 (really good price on that one).

A reasonable computing device - if you have a laptop or tablet, those are nearly optimal. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro that works well, but there are other "tablet" style computers to consider and find a good deal on. An iPad will work too. To work with a laptop you might need a shelf behind where you'll put the keyboard to set the laptop on. A table will sit in the music rest of the keyboard (which is why I use that Surface Pro - it just fits). You'll need some sort of internet connection for the computing device, but it doesn't have to be super fast.

You will also need a way to connect the keyboard and the computing device. If you go with an iPad, you'll probably need an adapter to go from the charging port to USB and that will be dependant on which model iPad (these were known as Apple Camera Connection Kits on older iPads). Both the iPad and the laptop will need a USB Type-A to USB Type-B cable - sometimes known as a "USB Printer Cable." All the keyboards in the Playground Store will need the USB cable.

Need any help getting it all connected, we'll still be here too! And there are good FAQ type information in the Support section of the Playground Sessions website.

Seriously, get started! You'll love it.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Gavala

Post by Gavala » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Zoey.

I played my first note a few weeks ago and will be putting a video up tomorrow showing progress on chipping away at one of my favourite tunes. I come away from the keyboard with such a smile almost every time.