Lesson 75 inaccessible

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
RymeIntrinseca

Lesson 75 inaccessible

Post by RymeIntrinseca » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:42 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, despite asking for help last night via Email, I still haven't received a reply from the help desk at PGS.

My query asked about the difficulty I'm having getting the updated Rookie lesson #75 to download to my PGS app.

All I can do is "queue" it or let it hang there at "0%" download status.

I'm not sure if my question got through by normal means or if I should ask here again? . . .

Understandably the current situation may be causing disruption to services and if so, I'm sincerely sorry for asking the question again here.

All the best,

Mark

emptynoise

Re: Lesson 75 inaccessible

Post by emptynoise » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:10 pm

Just a rando here, but have you tried changing the download source to see if that helps? You can find it in Edit -> User Settings -> Show Advanced Settings -> System -> Downloads.

That page also lists the path to the assets folder for PGS, but after deleting the lesson (which was numbered differently) all I manged was to bug that lesson out so I wouldn't recommend messing with that unless the PGS staff tell you to.

RymeIntrinseca

Post by RymeIntrinseca » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:55 am

Thank you.

I don't know what happened but yes the download options were set incorrectly but despite me not actually touching them since installation two years ago.

However, all is well as far as the download goes and finishing the update and indeed getting access to the unlocked content, i.e. Hanon. Unfortunately, for whatever reason there is another error in that the video's presented by Wi Chen are not playing sound. All other functionality from the PGS is fine, i.e. music scores, count in, metronome, backing tracks etc; but Wi Chen';s voice is not audible.

Any ideas?

Many thanks again,

Mark

emptynoise

Post by emptynoise » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:48 pm

You've probably already tried this, but double check the volume for videos under Edit -> User Settings Volume -> Videos

If that doesn't work and you want to try checking the videos themselves you can follow the assets path I mentioned before in the download settings. In my case it was in

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Playground\Local Store\assets
. From there I just ran a search in the windows explorer window for "hanon" to find the videos and open them in my own player (eg. VLC). If there's still no sound then I would assume it's a corrupted download. The proper way to delete lessons is through Edit -> Manage My Lessons, then change the dropdown from "My Lessons" to "Installed Lessons" to see bootcamp/course material instead of songs. That should let you re-download them, but I can't remember if you had to restart the client for it update the UI.

Past that I'd be out of ideas. Good luck and hope you manage to find an easy fix! If you want to jump in before a fix gets through I will say her videos for lessons 1 and 2 are mostly just a slow walkthrough emphasizing the fingerings and reminding when to stretch. Enabling the finger numbers at the start should cover about everything.

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:56 pm

Since no one asked the obvious question... are you running the most current version of PGS?

pavel

Post by pavel » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:49 pm

EFlatMajor wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:56 pm
Since no one asked the obvious question... are you running the most current version of PGS?
:D :D :D :D

RymeIntrinseca

Post by RymeIntrinseca » Wed May 13, 2020 6:15 pm

Thank you for your advice.

I'm not sure what's happening but without changing any settings the sound has come back on the Hanon presentation.

If it fails again I'll come back to your suggestions.

Many grateful thanks again.

M.