Classical music - original versions

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
OCZen

Classical music - original versions

Post by OCZen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:00 am

I would like to request / suggest fuller versions (not simplified) of music in the classical section. I would imagine this would not have licensing costs and would be of great value to your subscribers. Thanks for the consideration!

Mark

terence

Re: Classical music - original versions

Post by terence » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:22 pm

I second that request. I'm in the middle of evaluating the lifetime subscriptions between Playground Sessions and some of the alternatives out there. At least one of them offers the three standard levels (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced), and also adds the Professional level, which seems to be the ORIGINAL music, or pretty darn close to it. That seems to be a significant feature difference.

I've seen other comments about the music lessons here sounding bland or soulless, likely due to the lack of having the original (or close to original) music notation available. That is a concern, especially if we're paying $2 to $5 for most songs going forward (after your song credits are used up).

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:53 pm

terence wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:22 pm
I've seen other comments about the music lessons here sounding bland or soulless, likely due to the lack of having the original (or close to original) music notation available. That is a concern, especially if we're paying $2 to $5 for most songs going forward (after your song credits are used up).
Fortunately most of the Classical songs are no cost to members.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

TheDestroyer

Post by TheDestroyer » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:06 pm

sw1tch73ch wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:53 pm
terence wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:22 pm
Fortunately most of the Classical songs are no cost to members.
I really don't belive that anyone should ever run out of song credits since you get 5 every month and I've never run out of credits but maybe that's just me .

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:53 pm

I think what they are referring to is the lifetime subscription. You get a fixed number of song credits up front and that is it.

FlatPanda

Post by FlatPanda » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:51 am

Yeah, that fixed number is 40. If you 3star all 40 songs, you get 8 extra song credits, if you 3star all of those, you get 1 extra. That's already 49 songs.

There are roughly 180 songs available for free for (lifetime) members. If you aim for free stuff, just start to complete those, that'll yield another 22 song credits (which in turn will yield another 5).

So in total for a lifetime membership you get 180+ free songs, and 75+ song credits (if you 3star everything). That's 15 months' worth of free credits (if you always use all 5!) if you are a not-lifetime member.

Galm

Post by Galm » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:04 am

Then I misunderstood how it all works... for the better, as you get even more songs that I thought. Thanks for telling us this, it's awesome!

Moreless

Post by Moreless » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:11 am

Galm wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:04 am
Then I misunderstood how it all works... for the better, as you get even more songs that I thought. Thanks for telling us this, it's awesome!
I think something changed in 2020. As a lifetime member I would hardly get any free credits back in 2017 - 2019. I would download song, work it for a month+ to 3 star it, then pay for a new song. For me it was fine. $1 for a song every month wasn't going to break my bank. In 2020 I started getting tones of song credits. Now I have 8. The songs I play are harder so maybe that has something to do with it?

Ryder Blesing

Post by Ryder Blesing » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:33 pm

Galm wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:04 am
I'm really grateful too :)
For those who unfamiliar with on how to shuffle cards like a pro, syndicate website offers lots of useful advice. Visit to read more details. Don't miss the chance to get real money online.