Suggestions on Rookie level to start songs

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
griced

Suggestions on Rookie level to start songs

Post by griced » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:00 pm

Hello,

I'm curious on community here's suggestion on when is best time to get started on the Rookie - Moderate & Rookie - Hard level songs as per the level I should attain 1st in the Rookie Bootcamp and it's 93 or so lessons. I don't want to get too ahead of my skill level and get frustrated with songs too far ahead of where I'm at in the rookie bootcamp. But also really look forward to be able to play some popular songs. Be kind of cool if through the rookie bootcamp, there were additional lessons that stated - ok, you are ready for full song X in the song library now.. go for it. :D

Thanks, Dave

SJunior22

Re: Suggestions on Rookie level to start songs

Post by SJunior22 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am

Hi griced!

With PGS, everyone has the ability to plan out and execute their overall goal(s) to how they see fit. If you want to play rookie-inter to rookie-hard songs while going thru the rookie bootcamp, then go for it.

I would suggest that you complete the entire rookie bootcamp (along with the rookie courses) and get thru about half-way into the intermediate bootcamp. Rookie bootcamp is essential to teaching you the fundamentals and foundations you'll need to go to the next level. Also, this will help guard against you becoming frustrated and feeling like the songs (rookie-inter and rookie-hard) are above your current ability level. What I'm basically saying is, get your playing level a bit more above than whatever song level you want to play.

Perhaps, you could incorporate the songs you want to play whilst going thru the bootcamps / courses. To me, this would be a steeper learning curve.

Either way you choose, I wish you all the best and good luck on your journey!

griced

Re: Suggestions on Rookie level to start songs

Post by griced » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Thanks! great feedback. I have fallen into that before with rushing songs,.. getting too ahead of my skills and frustration sets in. So, I'll heed this advice.

Cheers, Dave