Frustrated - Correct Notes with 4%

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
davismiskell

Frustrated - Correct Notes with 4%

Post by davismiskell » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Hello,

I have been playing the first bootcamp lesson and know that I am doing much better than 4%. I am getting green notes, but there is a red bar on the beginning of the measure. Can someone help me understand what I am doing incorrectly, or if this is a hardware issue? I purchased the Casio CTK-3500 bundle so I know that it should work.

pavel

Re: Frustrated - Correct Notes with 4%

Post by pavel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:57 am

any picture? prt sc?

tangerine

Post by tangerine » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:19 pm

I'm having what I think is the same problem on my iPad. A red note shows up at the beginning of the first measure on all exercises after I press the play button but before I play and notes on my piano. There's no way to achieve 100% on the exercises

I have attached a screenshot from my iPad.

Yamaha P-121 keyboard
Apple lightning to USB adapter
iPad Pro
Latest version of iOS

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:47 pm

I don't see any screenshots. I know that seems to be a problem with these forums.

Try sending a quick email (with the screenshot) to:

support@playgroundsessions.com

That gets you into the company's support system and they will be able to help you.

TexasEd

Post by TexasEd » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:35 pm

I'm having the same problem. I go through each level dozens of times and still can only rarely get to 45%. I know I can't be that bad! How does one show a lesson as completed? Or do you have to reach a certain score? Frustrating!

And it seems like every time I open an exercise there are more red notes at the far left of the staff. What does that mean?

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:21 pm

Hello Ed,

Try sending an email to the address I posted earlier in this thread. It sounds like you have something going on that needs some troubleshooting.

The software considers any portion of a lesson as completed if you can play the piece 80% correct. You should keep pressing for 100% though.

MiddleC

Post by MiddleC » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:17 pm

I've experienced that too.

Question for you: Are you on a Keyboard that has features to what you are playing, and have one of those turned on?

For example, I had Harmony turned on on my Yamaha once, and played an exercise, and the extra notes that the Yamaha harmony feature added for the harmony were seen by the program and registered as red notes on the sheet, because they don't belong there...weren't in the music in the first place.