Getting Started

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
bontemp

Getting Started

Post by bontemp » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:48 pm

Is there any tutorial or instructions on how you start and how the program factors in your entry level skills. Do you start in Bootcamp. Do you pick courses from the Courses or do you go through bootcamp. Then when lessons are completed they don't show up as completed Anywhere.

SJunior22

Re: Getting Started

Post by SJunior22 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:39 am

Hi bontemp!

Playground sessions lets you determine where you want to start.

Bootcamps are for the fundamentals and the courses are extra focus lessons. Courses also contain activities outside of the Bootcamp scope that can supplement your playing repitore (learn how to play "Prelude in C", participate in challenges, etc").

You have to get a score above 80% to "pass" any lesson. There will be a green check mark to signfy. Sometimes that check mark wont appear until you click on the next lesson.

You alone have to determine your skill level. The "level" indicator on the top right corner is something from the app's early history that is now defunct. So if you are just starting out in Rookie Bootcamp. I'd advise to go along with that, (you are a rookie). As you progress, you'll eventually complete Advanced Bootcamp. This does not mean you are an "advanced" player per se and you can play Advanced-expert songs. It means you have all basic concepts down enough to venture out and start playing full songs. There are different levels of songs in the Playground Song Store catalog. Choose wisely.

You have a goal and the power to set the path towards that goal. Everyone learns differently, hence why there isnt a general tutorial. You can start with bootcamps and mix in courses here and there or the inverse - more courses, less bootcamps. The choice is yours.

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best on your journey.