Playback speed - more "granularity" suggestion

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
zaknafein

Playback speed - more "granularity" suggestion

Post by zaknafein » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Hello Playground Sessions,
I have had a problem for a while with speeds of playback available in playground.
When playing "How to save a life" on an Advanced level I very quickly managed to comfortably play in on 4/5 speed. Problems start when advancing to full speed. The speed before 5/5 isn't actually 4/5, it's more like 2/5... What I mean is the song is more than two times faster on full speed than it is on 4/5. I could be practising for weeks on 4/5, but nothing will prepare me for the difficulty of 5/5. If only there were more speed options or... ideally a possibility of typing in a speed you feel comfortable with. I could very gradually crank up the speed in which I play and comfortably progress. Nowadays it's a bit like shock therapy.
I understand I would probably still just hear accompaniments on 3/5 and 5/5 speeds, I'm okay with that.
I had similar "speed jump" problem with "Love Story" on Advanced level.
Hopefully my suggestion helps make this software even better!
Thanks!

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Playback speed - more "granularity" suggestion

Post by seant23 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Great suggestion! I think we could definitely add a custom speed option that lets a user select 1-100% normal tempo. I think we can definitely add this to the next version of PGS, thanks for the suggestion!

zaknafein

Post by zaknafein » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:11 am

Thank you!

blackbee0045

Post by blackbee0045 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:36 am

What I mean is the song is more than two times faster on full speed than it is on 4/5. I could be practising for weeks on 4/5, but nothing will prepare me for the difficulty of 5/5. If only there were more speed options or... ideally a possibility of typing in a speed you feel comfortable with. I could very gradually crank up the speed in which I play and comfortably progress. Nowadays it's a bit like shock therapy. I understand I would probably still just hear accompaniments on 3/5 and 5/5 speeds, I'm okay with that.>???
Our Actual 300-208 exam exam provide you Test-king.com pass guarantee. You can get access to quincy toefl and www.hood.edu with multiple prep resources of Lynn University

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Thu May 28, 2015 6:46 pm

We actually just released a 2.0 version today which allows for granular speed adjustments! Check it out! :)