App Not Registering Piano on Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017)

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for Android tablets
CarolinaGrrl

App Not Registering Piano on Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017)

Post by CarolinaGrrl » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi. I need to add that the Playground Sessions Android app does download, install, and open on my SM-T380. However, the app does not sense or recognize my instrument (Yamaha YPG-535). I am certain it is a program issue as all cables needed are brand new and working with borrowed devices. Please add whatever patches or fixes necessary.

andrewwegierski

Re: App Not Registering Piano on Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017)

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi there,

Yes, it's probably a program issue. The android version of the app is still a beta. However, I have good news for you:

The full version android release is coming sooner rather than later - the app is in the testing stage and we're working out some final bugs. Look out for its release in an email this summer!

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Support Tech & Music Arranger
andrew@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:51 pm

andrewwegierski wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:03 pm
Hi there,

Yes, it's probably a program issue. The android version of the app is still a beta. However, I have good news for you:

The full version android release is coming sooner rather than later - the app is in the testing stage and we're working out some final bugs. Look out for its release in an email this summer!

Best,
Andrew
Good to hear because if it works on the YPG-535 for CarolinaGrrl, then it should work on my YPG-635 - they're roughly the same vintage. The iPad does recognize my YPG-635. Having my Android tablet (Samsung Tab S2 8) do so would be lovely.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51 am

Yep, that's good news, John.

Looking forward to it!
Andrew Wegierski

CarolinaGrrl

Post by CarolinaGrrl » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:42 pm

UPDATE:

I received an email today saying the full Android app is being released today. I went to PlayStore and excitedly downloaded...and the same problem of my instrument not being recognized exists :| .

It doesn't seem that the Beta issues were addressed. This is so dissapointing.

Not everyone cares for Mac (I don't), and it is a really hazardous and unwieldy proposition trying to balance a full sized, opened laptop on your piano, at optimal viewing.

In the meantime, I've paid for a subscription I effectively cannot use. What is to be done? And when?

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:55 am

The YPG-535 and my YPG-635 aren't Class Compliant. We might not be able to get connected unless there is an Android Driver for these old keyboards.

I'm due for an upgrade anyway. I've had my YPG-635 since 2010 and technology has passed it by.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:30 pm

If anyone is having android issues, please email support@playgroundsessions.com so we can document the issue in our system. We will be sure to get back to you with troubleshooting in order to get it working! Thanks.
Andrew Wegierski

CarolinaGrrl

Post by CarolinaGrrl » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Just did, Andrew. Hopefully there is a timely repair.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 am

Thanks!

I can confirm we got your email and the team is looking into it. It's one of our top priorities to remedy the Android issues as it's a fresh release.
Andrew Wegierski