No stars

General user help for Playground Session accounts.
MarcVanMeer

No stars

Post by MarcVanMeer » Thu May 16, 2019 1:53 pm

I just finished Gymnopedi (Rookie Moderate) with a rating of 92%, and 3 stars were rewarded. But the stars are not shown in my song list. Also, in my dashboard, the stars are not added to neither the total number of stars nor the number of 3-star songs. Why is that?

Marc

pavel

Re: No stars

Post by pavel » Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 pm

Marc,
welcome in club :) well know bug of this buggy software, see here
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17094
and support team? :D will not help you

MarcVanMeer

Post by MarcVanMeer » Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 am

Thanks for the reply Pavel. I sent an e-mail to the support team. Let's see what happens.

By the way, so far, I only noticed this happening with Gymnopedie No.1 (Rookie Moderate) and Pachelbel's Canon (Rookie Moderate). No problems with other songs. So I think the problem has to do with the songs, not the program itself.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear from the support team.

Marc

MarcVanMeer

Post by MarcVanMeer » Fri May 17, 2019 4:35 am

Just found this article dating back from november 2016. If the problem hasn't been fixed by now.. I don't think it will happen anytime soon.. :(

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10975&p=13917&hilit=canon#p13832

:!: Here's an idea for the Playground Sessions team: create a website where customers can add bugs/problems and where customers can vote on bugs/problems that other customers already added. This way, you get a clear view of the bugs/problems and what customers think is most important to fix. For each entry you should add a notification IF and WHEN a bug/problem will be addressed. That way, customers get a clear view of whats happening and what to expect.

Marc

MarcVanMeer

Post by MarcVanMeer » Sun May 19, 2019 4:03 am

Okay, I received a response from PGS saying that this is indeed a known issue and that it will not be addressed, yet. They're in a technology migration process which apparently takes up all the time of the developers. This will lead to some robust changes to the entire experience. No specifics were given. The current ETA for getting something deliverd is end of 2019.

Anyway, as I can reproduce the issue I did some investigation myself. And it turns out that the performance data of the final part of this perticular song (and I suspect some other songs as well) is not being registered. It doesn't show up in the Progress dashboard, whereas the second to last part (i.e. the full song, but with all exercise options available) does get registered. So the reason the stars are not shown in the My Song library is not an issue by itself, the stars are not shown because there's no data. No data, no stars. Same goes for the total number of stars and the number of 3-star songs.

As most other songs don't have this issue, chances are that the problem is in the song not in the PGS application itself.

I sent an e-mail with my findings to the support team, hoping that they will dig into this issue as soon as time allows it. To me it seems like a simple fix that can be dealt with quickly.

Marc

pavel

Post by pavel » Sun May 19, 2019 10:40 am

MarcVanMeer wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:35 am
:!: Here's an idea for the Playground Sessions team: create a website where customers can add bugs/problems and where customers can vote on bugs/problems that other customers already added. This way, you get a clear view of the bugs/problems and what customers think is most important to fix. For each entry you should add a notification IF and WHEN a bug/problem will be addressed. That way, customers get a clear view of whats happening and what to expect.

Marc

Marc, excellent idea but honestly do you really thing PGS will make bug-report-web like this? They are not able to make its own forum, rather using phpBB. They are not able to create sophisticated web for song request, rather using google docs. They are not able to correct bug reported more than 4 years ago. Saying software is Quincy Jones support but never seen not a single video with him etc etc. No, PGS is dead, if not amateur based :(

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 am

pavel wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:40 am
They are not able to make its own forum, rather using phpBB. They are not able to create sophisticated web for song request, rather using google docs.
You really think building their own forum software (or chasing your purely synthetic pet bug for that matter) would be a good use of resources? IMHO you're getting a bit ridiculous now.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun May 19, 2019 5:30 pm

== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

pavel

Post by pavel » Mon May 20, 2019 3:22 am

my fault, I should clearly specify it. I went thru all beginner bootcamp lessons, almost all intermediate bootcamp lessons. Also finished several rookie songs same as intermediate. And so far never seen teaching video with Quincy. You know it is like this, I have seen many celebrities propagated Huawei but in personal life using iPhone. One thing is advertisement and one thing is reality.
The youtube channel? I didn't know it exist. Found quite recently. No direct link from song, nor from library. And it is actually helpful.
But back to the point, we have to compare comparable. Not with Apple, not with Microsoft :) but with PGS competitors where, in one particular, I can see 5 updates in 2019. Compare to PGS in 2019 none. 2018 none.
Every software has bugs! It is about how those companies handle with it. Regular updates, communicate with customers.... Maybe if they reply: yes, it is bug and we are sorry for that but working on a new version... I would be pleased.

blispers

Post by blispers » Mon May 20, 2019 8:31 am

Not to cut them any slack But I thought I heard that the lead software developer died very unexpectedly.