Suggestion for an "Explorer Mode"

This forum is for our dev team to communicate up and coming releases and give users insight into what's coming soon.
TeMo2

Suggestion for an "Explorer Mode"

Post by TeMo2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:41 pm

I'm new to PGS. As near as I can tell, the only way I can work through a song is at a selected tempo. If I can't follow that tempo, my score is reduced. What I would like is what I've dubbed "Explorer Mode", but the name isn't the issue. What I would like to be able to do is work through a song or a part of it without being under the burden of the tempo or score. I'd like to just work through the song at my own speed checking out the fingering and hand position changes. Since all of a song doesn't always fit on the screen, in order to get it to scroll, the student would have to play the correct note(s) before moving to the next. So, all I have to deal with is playing the correct note(s) in the correct sequence, without dealing with anything else.

Thank you.

jasuhanta

Re: Suggestion for an "Explorer Mode"

Post by jasuhanta » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:53 am

The introduction of a pause mode whereby the software waits for you to play the correct note before moving on. I think this would be a useful addition.

andrewwegierski

Re: Suggestion for an "Explorer Mode"

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:04 pm

We have definitely considered "pause" or "wait" mode for a future version of the app.

For now, I recommend working through the music before pressing play. You can play on your keyboard and the MIDI sounds in Playground will allow you to hear what you're playing, before you press play on the interactive sheet music.
Andrew Wegierski

Support Tech & Music Arranger
andrew@playgroundsessions.com