Mac Screen

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
TAQ

Mac Screen

Post by TAQ » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:37 am

Would have posted this in feature requests but the board is locked for me for some reason so I’ll apologies for that.

Was wondering if there is any chance of adding an optional darker theme to the desktop/Mac app as I find working through the exercises in the rookie tour can be very tiring on the eye when looking at a bright white screen especially if practicing for extended periods.

andrewwegierski

Re: Mac Screen

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Have you tried night shift? The color change is much more relaxing on the eyes.

But I can put in a request for a dark mode.

Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

TAQ

Post by TAQ » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:55 am

Thanks for the response Andrew, I tried switching to night shift mode on the Mac (didn’t realise it was there until you mentioned it) but it is still pretty bright on a large screen. A dark mode on the music score half of the screen would be good leaving the keyboard as is, if it’s possible. It’s mainly the score background that kicks out the brightness as I like to have it fill most of the screen to make it easier to follow.

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:12 pm

You might try System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > check "Invert Colors". It's not the exact same as a dark theme but may be a decent workaround that is available to you now...

Carson

Post by Carson » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:12 pm

For anyone else looking in this forum for a Dark Theme.
I'm a computer programmer and stare at the screen 10 hours every day.
I just couldn't deal with how bright this program is to stare at during my relaxation time.
On PC the below program will invert black and white while leaving the colors the same (more or less) so you still get the green and red note feedback. The piano keys get inverted and some of the album cover art still looks like a photo negative, but until there is an official dark theme, this is a great alternative to migraines.
It's SOOOOOOO much better! :shock:

Here's an image of what it looks like.

Here's a link to the free program:
https://zerowidthjoiner.net/negativescreen